Education is the cornerstone of any society and it serves as one of the foundations for many of its social values and characteristics. State-of-the-art and novel methodologies and technologies allow researchers, designers, and domain experts to pursue Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) solutions targeting not only cognitive processes but also motivational, personality or emotional factors. Nowadays, we can identify two main legs, providing necessary and complementary strengths to a TEL oriented design process: appropriate technologies should be applied, and appropriate methods should guide such application. Technologies in TEL are capable of delivering smart, personalized, tailored, and motivating learning solutions. Methods are coming from different fields, such as education psychology, medicine, computer science, and from diverse communities, where collaboration and co-working is used, such as maker communities and participatory design communities. In addition, Learning Analytics can help manage available (big) data and allow to augment learning opportunities for learners and educators alike, for instance by supporting self-regulated learning or adaptation of the learning material.
As to these topics, the annual appointment of MIS4TEL established itself as a consolidated fertile forum where scholars and professionals from the international community, with a broad range of expertise in the TEL field, share results and compare experiences. The 10th edition of the conference calls for novel research in TEL and expands the topics of the previous editions, highlighting the role of the most recent methods and technological opportunities (ranging from Artificial Intelligence and agent-based systems to Robotics, Virtual Reality, Internet of Things and wearable solutions, among others) and looking for papers discussing how they can be employed to create novel approaches to TEL, innovative TEL solutions and valuable TEL experiences. As in the tradition of MIS4TEL, this edition aims at offering the different perspectives, and complementary voices, coming from the multidisciplinary field of TEL (e.g., engineering, computer science, education, medicine) from this multidisciplinary field.
MIS4TEL 2020 will be held in L'Aquila (Italy) on June 17th-19th, 2020, in parallel with the PAAMS'20 International Conference.
Technologies and technology-based solutions for TEL
- AI technologies and tools for TEL
- Agent-based and multi-agent TEL systems
- Knowledge representation, reasoning and management systems for TEL
- Natural language systems for TEL
- Recommendation, personalisation and adaptation in TEL systems
- Social networks for TEL
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) for TEL
- Internet of things (IoT) solutions for TEL
- Smart solutions or environments for TEL
- Wearable technologies for TEL
- Robotics for TEL
- Virtual reality environments for TEL
- Games for TEL or gamified TEL
- Sharing and interoperability between TEL environments
- Making and fabrication for TEL
Methodologies and experiences for TEL
- Methodologies for personalisation, user modelling and adaptation in TEL
- Methodologies for recommendation systems and user modelling in TEL
- Methodologies for fostering motivation and engagement in TEL
- Methodologies for the design of accessible and usable TEL systems
- Methodologies for including different voices in the design process of TEL
- Methodologies for informal learning for TEL
- Methodologies for fostering TEL in small, medium and large companies
- Methodologies, tools and frameworks supporting experiments in TEL
- Methodologies or approaches from game design and gamification for TEL
- Novel experiences and studies (e.g., case studies, ethnographic studies, field studies, experimentations) with methodologies for TEL
Learning analytics for TEL
- Big data and data visualisation in TEL
- Learning analytics for curriculum design
- Learning analytics for personalising the learner experience
- Learning analytics for predicting behaviour
- Learning analytics for designing learning interventions
- Learning analytics for stakeholders
MIS4TEL welcomes the submission of papers with preference to the topics listed in the call for papers. All submitted papers will undergo a thorough review process. Each contribution will be refereed by at least by two experts in the field using the following set of criteria; relevance, originality, significance, quality and clarity.
The papers must consist of original, relevant and previously unpublished sound research efforts related to any of the topics of the conference.
MIS4TEL papers must be formatted according to the Springer AISC Template, with a maximum length of 8 pages in length, including figures and references. All proposed papers must be submitted in electronic form, in PDF format, using the Paper Submission Page.
Accepted papers will be included in the MIS4TEL Proceedings published by AISC series of Springer Verlag (http://www.springer.com/series/11156). At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend MIS4TEL to present the paper in order to have it included in the conference proceedings.
Authors of selected papers from MIS4TEL 2020 will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to special issue in different journals.
- Main Track - Paper submission deadline: 31th January, 2020
- Paper submission deadline: 29th February, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 09th March, 2020
- Camera-Ready papers due: 30th March, 2020
- Conference Celebration: 17th-19th June, 2020
- Pierpaolo Vittorini - University of L'aquila, Italy
- Tania Di Mascio - University of L'aquila, Italy
Technical Program Co-Chair
- Laura Tarantino - University of L'aquila, Italy
- Marco Temperini - Sapienza University, Rome (Italy)