For the first time, the International Conference on Methodologies and Intelligent Systems for Technology Enhanced Learning (MIS4TEL2020) is organizing a Ph.D. and Master’s Student Competition as part of the main conference. The event is held in collaboration with the Workshop on Enhanced Learning for Future Citizens (TEL4FC), as well as Italian companies and universities.
Throughout the different stages of their research, the participating students will be able to articulate and discuss their problem statement, goals, methods, and results. The goal of the competition is to create a setting in which students can present their work and receive valuable feedback from both established researchers and attending students. Overall, the competition is an outstanding opportunity to showcase the student's creativity to leaders in the field, turn their ideas into reality, and win fabulous prizes that will foster the development of their scientific interests and will help them with networking in the research community.
The research topics of the competition correspond to those addressed at MIS4TEL and TEL4FC.
Paper Format, Submission and Proceedings
Contributions must be formatted according to the Springer AISC Template, and have a minimum length of 4 pages, including figures and references. All proposals must be submitted in electronic form, in PDF format, via EasyChair, by selecting Ph.D. and student Competition.
Accepted papers will be included in the MIS4TEL Proceedings published by the “Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing” series of Springer Verlag. At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend MIS4TEL to present the paper in order to have it included in the conference proceedings.
Participation Grants and Awards
The 4 best contributions will be selected during the submission phase. Authors of these contributions will:
- Receive reimbursement of expenses (up to 500 euros) associated with participating in the conference (e.g., conference fees, travel, housing, etc.), from the Department of Computer Science (DI) of the University of Salerno, Italy. In case the submitted paper is accepted for reimbursement, it will be communicated to the author in the notification of paper acceptance;
- In addition to the reimbursement, following the authors’ presentation at the main conference, they will be eligible for one of the prizes awarded by Armundia Group, s.r.l:
- 1st place: 800 EUR
- 2nd place: 600 EUR
- 3rd place: 400 EUR
- 4th place: 200 EUR
- Giovanni De Gasperis, University of L’Aquila
- Fernando de la Prieta Pintado, University of Salamanca
- Alessandro De Leonardis, Armundia Group
- Tania Di Mascio, University of L’Aquila
- Rosella Gennari, Free University of Bozen - Bolzano
- Beatrice Ligorio, Università di Bari
- Vittorio Scarano, University of Salerno
- Pierpaolo Vittorini, University of L’Aquila
To encourage peer learning, participants are invited to interact with their colleagues, sharing the most significant and innovative aspects of their research, in terms of both content and methodology. Thus, each participant will be assigned a mentor (expert researcher in the field) to help them interact with the research community, exchanging ideas and comments before the conference/workshop. The mentor will introduce the student and will provide guidance throughout the event. All the sessions will be in English.
For any additional information or doubts regarding eligibility, rewards, and attendance, do not hesitate to contact us at the following address email@example.com, please make sure to include Ph.D. and Student Competition in the subject line.