The aim of ReS4TEL is to connect researchers, educators and technology experts giving them an opportunity to share and discuss new solutions, trends and realizations concerning recommender systems for Technology-enhanced Learning environments and the adoption of emerging technologies in educational settings such as learning process personalization, adaptive retrieval of learning objects, student and teacher modeling.
This workshop invites researchers and practitioners to submit research papers and work in progress investigating recommender systems for eLearning environment.
We encourage particularly the submission of articles where recommendations and automated support is given: 1) to teachers (such as in the construction of courses by selection of relevant learning resources retrieved on the web) or/and 2) to students (such as in the case of course adaptation, or help in taking individual decisions about what learning experience to select, out of several, possibly pedagogically equivalent, available ones) or/and 3) to communities, basing of their inner dynamics.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommendation of learning units
- Social recommendations in communities of practice for learning and e-learning
- Formal and informal scenarios of recommendation in e-learning
- Usability of social recommender systems for technology-enhanced learning
- Mobile-based technologies for recommendations and adaptivity in e-learning
- Design and implementation of adaptive e-learning systems
- Visual presentation of data in educational recommender systems
- Visual presentation of data in adaptive recommending systems
- Teacher and User modeling in Technology-enhanced learning
- Evaluation methods and techniques for educational recommender systems
- Evaluation of adaptive e-learning systems
- Models, methods and tools for recommendations in eLearning
- Fabio Gasparetti - Engineering Department, ROMA TRE University (Italy)
- Carla Limongelli - Engineering Department, ROMA TRE University (Italy)
- Filippo Sciarrone - Engineering Department, ROMA TRE University (Italy)