Assessment in technology-rich environments is still considered an open issue. Τhe scope of this workshop is twofold concerning both student assessment in TEL as well as evaluation approaches and tools that support the design of learning by educators usually at community level. Especially in the context of Learning Design (LD), student assessment and course evaluation are seen as an integral part of the LD cycle both in terms of conceptualization and in terms of actual implementation. Evaluation in TEL may concern various aspects such as student learning, educational content evaluation, and technology integration. Several tools and approaches have been proposed to support this evaluation. Innovative approaches that existing technological tools adopt, include reflection as a self-assessment or a community process providing means for analysing the learning process and/or outcomes, as well as for enhancing feedback provision and peer interaction.
The premise of the workshop is that opportunities provided by the integration of modern learning technologies along with effective LD approaches can change the ways we conceptualise and develop student assessments. The aim of the workshop is to strengthen the community on the topic and offer an arena for discussion, exchange of ideas and experiences among stakeholders.
The workshop focuses on practical approaches, methods and intelligent systems that promote student assessment and learning design evaluation in technology-rich environments. Contributions to this workshop may address diverse aspects related to assessment on technology-rich environments from various perspectives. We invite researchers and tutors who have an interest in the 21st century student assessment and learning design evaluation to contribute in the workshop in one of the following ways: demonstrate their novel in-progress or recent work including hands-on practice, identify challenges and report on non-successful initiatives and research we can learn from, or discuss empirical outcomes related to student assessment and learning design evaluation using TEL.
The topics of the workshop include (but are not limited to):
- The interplay of Learning Design and student assessment in TEL
- Approaches for learning design evaluation in TEL
- Tools that support learning design evaluation
- Approaches related to training for the creation of effective assessment in technology-rich environments
- Intelligent systems and assessment in TEL
- Active learning methods that incorporate assessment in TEL
- Design principles or patterns that can promote effective assessment in TEL
- The interplay of Learning Analytics and student assessment in TEL
- Alternative students assessment approaches in TEL
- Innovative assessment approaches in MOOCS
- Assessment of 21st century student skills in TEL
- Peer and self-assessment in TEL
The format of the workshop includes interactive presentations and demonstrations.
- Anna Mavroudi - KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Swçeden)
- Kyparisia Papanikolaou - School of Pedagogical & Technological Education (Greece)
- Elvira Popescu - University of Craiova (Romania)